Comic Blog Elite

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Aquaman # 9 Thoughts

WARNING: The following post contains spoilers for Aquaman #9 and the latest season of Young Justice on Cartoon Network.







  I love the new Aquaman series. It's been my favorite of the DC Comics relaunch. It's one of the things Geoff Johns is doing right. It made Aquaman an awesome character for the first time in a while. Issue #9 came out not too long ago and has re-imagined the relationship between Arthur and Manta. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read it. Take the jump to read more.



So as soon as I read that, my thoughts instantly went to, "That's not the original Black Manta from old continuity." During the "Brightest Day" event, DC introduced the new Aqualad, Jackson Hyde to coincide with Young Justice on Cartoon network. 

It was revealed that Jackson was the son of Black Manta. This leads me to believe that the Black Manta in the New52 will be Jackson Hyde. My theory is further backed up by recent events in Young Justice in which it was revealed that during the five year time jump between seasons 1 and 2, Kaldur has joined up with his father, becoming the second Black Manta.   














So will my theory prove to be true? Who knows. That's what I think, though. I haven't seen anyone else bring up this possibility in any discussions anywhere. If you've got any thoughts on the matter, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment